Bus Pass Procedure
Only registered riders are permitted to board a yellow school bus.
To register for bussing, click here. Once the new bus registration has been processed bus passes will be available for pick up at your child’s school. Students already registered for bussing are automatically registered to ride the bus for the upcoming year.
Students will be issued new bus passes for the 2022/23 school year. When a students bussing needs have changed, they must re-register for bussing and will be issued a new pass.
This pass must be scanned each time the student boards and departs off the school bus
It is the responsibility of the student to carry their bus pass and to ensure that it is not damaged.
LOST OR DAMAGED BUS PASS
- Report the lost or damaged bus pass to the school ASAP.
We have transitioned to payment thru ActivityRight – Parent Online Payment System
- Report the lost or damaged pass to the school as soon as possible.
- The bus pass replacement fee will be added to the student on your ActivityRight Account and may be paid online. (If you have not yet signed up for your ActivityRight Account and need assistance, please contact your school office.)
- Bus drivers will not accept the bus pass replacement fee.
- Your student will be issued a temporary bus pass which is shown to the bus driver daily and to be handed into the bus driver at the end of the week. Please see the school office to obtain this slip.
- Students will not be permitted to board the bus without either their bus pass or a temporary bus pass – ensure the temporary bus pass is obtained from the school office prior to the end of the day.
- The replacement bus pass should arrive to the school about one week after payment is received. The school will issue the new pass to your student.
BUS PASS STOPS SCANNING (NO DAMAGE TO THE CARD)
- If a bus pass no longer works (doesn’t scan on the bus), report this to the school office, who will arrange for a free replacement bus pass.
- The student will continue to use the bus pass to board the bus until a replacement card arrives.
- Once the new card arrives by mail and the cards are swapped with the student
FORGOTTEN BUS PASS
- If a student forgets his/her bus pass at home, the school will issue temporary bus pass for the student in order to get home on the bus.
- This is to be handed in to the bus driver at the time of boarding.
ALTERNATE ADDRESS/CHANGE OF ADDRESS
- If a student moves or needs to have an alternate address added to their bussing information, you must re-register for bussing providing your new bussing needs. Be sure to include ALL bussing needs when you re-register.
- The transportation department will let the school know about bussing changes
- The school will put a label on the bus pass updating the information.