Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are there any fees associated with the Youth Train in Trades program?
2. How do I apply?
3. When do I apply?
4. Is busing available for me to access the Nelson Campus?
5. Does the YTT program cover the CLC and Capstone requirements?
6. What is the CRT?
7. Do I have to take Selkirk’s College Readiness Tool?
8. Who do students contact if they are struggling with their classes?
9. How can parents support their student in Trades?
10. What are days and times the district trades coordinator is in Nelson?
11. Do students in YTT/Dual Credit get Spring Break?
12. How many absences are I allowed in the YTT/Dual Credit program.
13. Do students have access to a cafeteria?
14. Who pays for books and supplies?
15. Can students use their College Savings Plan to help cover their costs?
16. Are there scholarships available afterwards?
17. Does the Trades Coordinator find jobs for students?
18. Can students in YTT/Dual Credit Programs still play on school teams?
19. Can students in YTT/Dual Credit programs play Jr Hockey?
20. Can students in YTT/Dual Credit programs participate in Grad celebrations, ceremonies, and activities?