- Parents can easily access their student’s report card
- Increases the security and privacy of student information. With the Family Portal, report cards are stored and accessed on a secure web server as opposed to sent out via email or on paper.
- Parents can view up-to-date attendance information on the same day it is entered.
- Parents can view demographic information and contact the school should updates/changes need to be made
Welcome to the Kootenay-Columbia MyEducation BC FAMILY PORTAL which will allow access to course information.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
- Visit https://myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen/logon.do
- Make sure popups are enabled for your browser
- Your user name will generally be (but not always): first name last name (ex. johnsmith)
- Your temporary password will be: (system generated code)
MyEducation BC has partnered with Service BC to enable a single sign on method of signing on to MyEducation BC.
Parents who have a MyEducation BC account and a BC Services Card may use their BC Services Card to log in to their MyEducation BC account. If parents choose to log in to MyEducation BC account with their BC Services Card, they will no longer be able to log in to MyEducation BC using a username and password.
Upon opening MyEducation BC, you will be prompted to either log in with your username and password OR with your BC Services Card. If you haven’t logged in to MyEducation BC before, you will need to log in with your username and password at least once to activate your MyEducation BC account and reset your username and password.
To log in with BC Services Card:
- Setup the BC Services Card app on your mobile device.
- Once the BC Services Card app is setup on your mobile device, log in to MyEducation BC, select “BC Services Card,” and enter your name and password to connect your BC Services Card to your MyEducation BC account.
Contact your school/district if you need assistance with your MyEducation BC username and password or MyEducation BC account.
Contact the BC Services Card Tier 1 Help Desk at 1-888-356-2741 if you need assistance with your BC Services Card.
Please note: Parents must not connect their BC Services Card to their child’s MyEducation BC account. Parents must only connect their BC Services Card to their personal MyEducation BC account. If a parent does not have a MyEducation BC account, they must not connect their BC Services Card to MyEducation BC.
If MyEducation BC believes you are trying to connect your BC Services Card to someone else’s MyEducation BC account, you will receive the following warning:
The birthdate on your BC Services Card doesn’t match the student’s file at the school. Do not connect your BC Services Card with your child’s login ID.
If you are a parent and your school/district does not use the MyEducation BC family portal, you do not have a MyEducation BC account and cannot access MyEducation BC.
If the warning message is incorrect, and you are trying to connect your BC Services Card to your own MyEducation BC account, please check that you are using you own BC Services Card and MyEducation BC login ID and password. If after checking and trying again you still receive this warning, click “Cancel” and contact your school/district for help.
Parents Without a BC Services Card:
Parents without a BC Services Card are only able to log in to MyEducation BC using their username and password. Contact your school/district if you need assistance with your MyEducation BC username and password or MyEducation BC account.
Parents With Dual Parent and Staff Roles MyEducation BC Accounts:
Parents whose MyEducation BC accounts have both parent and staff roles are not able to connect to MyEducation BC using their BC Services Card. Staff accounts, and parent accounts with dual parent and staff roles, are not yet able to support a single method of signing on to MyEducation BC with the BC Services Card.
Parents With More Than One MyEducation BC Account:
You can only connect your BC Services Card to one MyEducation BC account. If you have more than one MyEducation BC account, you may connect one of your MyEducation BC accounts to your BC Services Card, and you will use your username and password to log in to your other MyEducation BC accounts. Contact your school/district for support with your MyEducation BC account(s).