StrongStart BC centres offer free, play-based early learning programs for preschool-age children attending with their parents or caregivers. Licensed early childhood educators lead activities at the centres, which are located in elementary schools. Parents can learn a lot at StrongStart BC centres, including:
- activities to do at home to help your child learn
- ways to support your child’s physical, social and emotional learning
- ways to support your child’s language and communication skills
- tips for healthy snacks, and
- information about other services and resources in the community.
It’s also a great way to meet other parents with young children in your neighbourhood.