Bus Pass Procedure
Only registered riders are permitted to board a yellow school bus.
To register for bussing, go online to the Kootenay-Columbia School District’s website www.sd20.bc.ca follow the transportation link to the bus registration form. Once the new bus registration has been processed bus passes will be available for pick up at your child’s school. Students already registered for bussing are automatically registered to ride the bus for the upcoming year.
Students are issued 1 bus pass and are expected to use this pass for the duration of time they are attending their current school. When a student moves to a new school, they must re-register for bussing and will be issued a new pass.
This pass must be scanned each time the student boards and departs off the school bus
It is the responsibility of the student to carry their bus pass and to ensure that it is not damaged.
LOST OR DAMAGED BUS PASS
- Report the lost or damaged bus pass to the school ASAP.
- The school will issue a Lost/Damaged Pass Replacement Form. Alternately you may obtain this form from the school district website at Registration for Transportation.
- Complete the bottom portion of the form and hand it into the school office along with the $10 replacement fee. Bus drivers will not accept the bus pass replacement fee.
- Your student will be issued a bus pass exemption slip which is shown to the bus driver daily and to be handed into the bus driver at the end of the week. A new exemption slip may be issued by the school on Monday, the following week if the new pass has not yet arrived. Please see the school office to obtain this slip.
- Students will not be permitted to board the bus without either their bus pass or a bus pass exemption slip – ensure the exemption slip is obtained from the school office prior to the end of the day.
- The replacement bus pass should arrive to the school about one week after payment is received. The school will issue the new pass to your student.
BUS PASS STOPS SCANNING (NO DAMAGE TO THE CARD)
- If a bus pass no longer works (doesn’t scan on the bus), report this to the school office, who will arrange for a free replacement bus pass.
- The student will continue to use the bus pass to board the bus until a replacement card arrives.
- Once the new card arrives by mail and the cards are swapped with the student
FORGOTTEN BUS PASS
- If a student forgets his/her bus pass at home, the school will issue a bus pass exemption slip for the student in order to get home on the bus.
- This is to be handed in to the bus driver at the time of boarding.
ALTERNATE ADDRESS/CHANGE OF ADDRESS
- If a student moves or needs to have an alternate address added to their bussing information email the transportation department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the student’s detailed information.
- The transportation department will let the school know about bussing changes
- The school will put a label on the bus pass updating the information.